Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tuesday Fun Day

Played at Harrah's Tuesday. It is what I do on Tuesday's. Me and Slick and JM and sometimes Pat or P money go and play the $30 daily with all the old geezers. So far one of us has finished in the money every time but one. JM even chopped the win two weeks in a row. Anyhoo, I hit the first break about average then donked off with AQos after a raise and reraise. Knew he was huge, but I was short after losing a race to 55 and I wanted to play cash or get big. He flips KK. First two cards on the flop are an ace and a queen. The third...a king. Dead to two outs. No good.

I bought into a 1/2 table for $200. I had won $130 on craps before the tournament, so I was almost free rolling. I win a few pots. 99 wins after raise and c-bet. Then Slick gets sat at my table. All my cards die. Just vanish. Can't get a thing. Just junk for two hours. I do get 55 once and raise it to $10. The flop comes AQ2 with two hearts. There are three of us. Slick, myself and the button. Slick and the button have been sparing a lot. Slick, first to act, bet out real quick half the pot. I fold and the button thinks a bit and calls. The turn is the ten of diamonds. Slick bet out a little more than half the pot. The button calls quickly. The river is a 4 of spade. Slick bets half the pot. The button thinks and thinks. He has to have a big ace. Finally he mucks. He asks Slick to tell him he has 22's. I say naw, he had the flush draw with a gut shot straight draw. Slick turns to me, the button cannot see his eyes, and his eyes are wide open. I totally nailed it. He told me later he had KJ of hearts. He wanted to know how I knew. I said I play with you weekly. It was pretty sweet. I did not know it when I made the fold, but as the hand progressed, and I worked it in my head, it became obvious. Like a light bulb in the dark.

I played for a while and donked off chips. Just trying to get in cheap and hit. Nothing. Even hands I did not play were missing. We decide to leave when the blinds get to us. I look down and 88 utg plus one. I call. Three more calls and the button raises it to $10. I call as do two others. The flop comes 7s 5s 4d. I have an over pair and the gutty. The table checks to the button who fires the pot. Something about the bet seemed fishy to me. I had $70 on top of the raise, so I nutted up and pushed. Slick folds, and the other dude tanks. He finally folds A7. The button instant calls. We do not show as the board comes 9s. Not a great card, but I did pick up the straight flush draw. River is the 9d. Did not mean much on the whole. I flip over since I was called. He tilts his cards up and looks at them and looks at mine. I am either good or about to get horrible slow rolled. Finally he flashes a 6 for the OESD and mucks. It put me up about $80 for the session. I thought he probably had 66 or maybe A6. Slick thought he had 67. Hmmm. I played my last hand and split. Nice to go from over a hundred down to up just like that. (I had min reloaded along the way)

At home, my AC is out. It is 87 inside and 75 outside. Having a hard time cooling the house down. Sucks. 102 tomorrow. New AC on Friday. Gonna put that baby all the way down to 69. Figure I have 3 days of electricity to spend. Gonna be sweet.

No comments: