Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday crew day

Made the traditional field day trip to Harrahs. We like to play the $30 old man tournament game. We get there at 11:25. The tourney starts at 1:00 p.m. I go to buy a ticket and there is only one seat left. The three of us pass and decide to play cash. When we started going to the boat, the tournament was 60 peeps. Now it is down to 30. Just stupid. We have to leave four hours before the tourney time just to get a seat. They say it is because of a dealer shortage. Are we not in a recession. Coach up a black jack dearer and get them in there. How long does a potential dealer have to go to school before he or she can deal. It has been way too long. It just keeps getting whittled down. They say bye September it will be back up to 50. Yeah right. Harrahs room is going to shit. We literally had to wait 5 minutes to get our name on the list for 1/2 today. They were talking amongst themselves. Harrahs just does not care about the player all that much anymore.

On to 1/2. I sat down with $200. I got in some hands early with some big draws that did not get there and was down to $65 in about 15 minutes of play. I then limped with 35os from the button. Flop come 559. I bet smallish and get one caller. I coax $20 more out of him before he folds on the river. Next big hand is KK. There is a $11 raise and three callers ahead of me on the button. I raise to $30 and get called in two places. The board comes all low cards rainbow. They both check to me and I bet a little less than the pot. I get one caller. The board pairs on the turn and I push all in. If you have a six sir, the super well played. He thinks and then call. the river is a blank and he says nice hand and folds. I get AA a little later and open raise to $15. I get three callers on a KJ2 rainbow board. I bet 3/4 the pot and get one caller. The turn is a 8. I but $70 out. He tanks for a whole and moves all in for $12 more. I call. The river is a ten. He flips over KQ and I am in the black. I chip up some more and then get 88 utg. I limp and the flop is seen six ways. I comes out 789 rainbow. I check and it folds to the guy that I busted with kings earlier. He bets smallish and me and one other player see the turn. What a turn. It is a 9, pairing the board. I decide to bet it out $20. Representing the 9. The original raiser makes it $60. The tag a long goes away. I think for a minute and ask him how much he's got left. About $100. I announce all in. He calls quickly and tables T6 for the straight. I flip my full house and he is dead. I am up nearly $400 for the day. Slick and I play a few more orbits and get out of town. Ended up $360 for the day. Fun Fun. That guy hated me.

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

Nice job -- good thing the tournament fizzled out for you.

By the way, I'm signed up at Cake now. MemphisM0J0 where the 0 are zeroes, not ohs. They wouldn't give me MemphisMOJO - Let me know if you want to do anything. I checked FT and I have around $160. I wouldn't mind trading half for money at Cake if you still want to.