Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Harrahs

Played the $30 suber turbo with super nits at Harrahs yesterday. I saw one premium hand, AA. It was down near to the final table bubble. I raise it 2 1/2 the blinds from middle position. Folds around to big blind who had just one eighth of the big blind. He had been wiped out the hand before. He flips over 26os and it straights out. He won his small blind hand. He won another hand. It looked like chip and a chair was happening in front of us. Alas it was not to be. I sucked out on him to take him out in his next big blind.

Anyway, I ground it out. Stealing when they were weak. Making good folds. When we got to seven, one guy asked if we were going to pay the bubble. The money winners would each kick in $6 to the bubble boy. Everyone agreed accept for early 20's douche bag. He wore reflective sunglasses and took forever to make a decision. Obviously a poker genius. He said he liked it the way it was. I truly believe that he thought he was better than all of us. He did not have a big stack and he was not bullying us at all. Next hand he gets into it with the monster chip leader and doubles up. We ask him now if it was ok to pay the bubble. Same response. He is now the biggest stack at the table. We play and he starts bullying. Non of us have anything to play back at him with. My buddy was on the table with me directly on my right. He had chipped up and was close to the douches stack. The big D pushes when folded to him on the button. He had been doing this a lot. My buddy tanks. And tanks. I am watching the big D and he cannot control his breathing. He is almost hyperventilating. His arms are crossed and they are quivering. He is facing away from my buddy, trying to look like he does not care, but I can see his eyes over his glasses and he is staring my buddy down. My buddy finally calls and tables 55. Big D tables K6 of hearts. The flop brings KQJ. Turn the T. Alright split here we come. River the lovely five. The big D is crippled and goes out the next hand on the bubble. I hope he learned here. At the end of these tournaments it becomes true gambling. There really is no more poker to be played. Everyone is a shorty. At the very best it is two hands and you are out. Even if you are the big stack. That $30 is better than making it all that way for zero.

I took 4th for a little over $100. Gave it all back on video poker. Fun.

On our starting table, I ran into a player I had not seen for a long time. I guess you call him loose passive. He was hitting all kids of cards in the early rounds. QQ, AK, flopped trips, flopped two sets. He got almost zero value. Second had of tourney. Utg raises 3x the blind. LP guy calls and does the button and big blind. Flop comes A26 rainbow. Utg c bets, LP calls and everyone else folds. Turn is 9 last suit. Utg shuts down and LP checks. River is a 2, pairing the board. Utg checks again and LP checks with AK. Two hands later, LP sees a checked flop from the big blind. Flop 44T. He bets out and gets called in one spot. Turn he checks and the caller checks. River, Check Check. Board 44TA7. He had 43 and never bet again. He gets QQ and I call his raise with 34s. Flop comes K35 turn 6 river T. We checked it down. He never bet again. I almost got there. By this time I realized that he is gonna call me if I bet light, so I better have the goods.. I have never seen a guy more afraid of monsters than this dude. We get moved to another table along with my buddy. Third hand at the table, LP raises utg three times the blind. My buddy shoves for 4 times the raise with JJ. Another young poker "pro" at the other end of the table tanks. He wants chip counts. He has the ipod earbuds in. He is serious. Finally he shoves over the top. LP guy instant calls. I am thinking oh shit my buddy is royally screwed. I mean this guy has to have AA, right?. Nope. LP guy tables 33. The other guy, 99. Really? Raise and re-raise and you shove with 99. And you call with 33. I guess the "pro" could have seen it as a chance to get chips. If he wins here he can breeze to the final table. He still had some left behind. But the LP call is horrid. Won't bet flopped trips on a great board to get paid, but 33 is the nuts against two raisers.

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I took 4th for a little over $100.

Congrats on the ca$h.

MorningThunder said...

Thanks man