Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hand Answer

Here is what I did.

I had just over T2000 left. I was gonna push on the small blind, but when the high jack pushed all in I stopped. It was kind of funny, because when the flop came out, I muttered to myself, "I'm goin broke this hand". I used my time thinking of what to do. The first bet did not concern me near as much as the push all in. The high jack could easily have KQ or JT. It felt like a straight to me, so I folded. The small blind called and they flipped over....QJ for the small blind and AQ for the high jack. Damnit!!!! The turn and river were blanks and I would have nearly tripled up.

This is the paradox of poker. You make right decision and fold and it feels so wrong. Then you make the wrong decision and call and are rewarded with a suck out and it feels so right. It is so hard not to be result oriented.

I made the correct decision here. I just ran into the one time where I am ahead. What are the odds that the other two queens are out there for the oesd. I never even considered that possibility. One opponent, sure. Two, never.

No comments: