Monday, August 9, 2010

HOT

It is hot here in the heartland. It was over 100 today. The forecast says more of the same for the coming week. I can handle the heat. My compressor cannot. I am listening to music, playing a poker tournament and listening to my AC unit die. Or more to the point, the fan. It whines and squeaks. I called a guy who drives a truck that advertises his prowess around such units. He came. He inspected. The unit ran perfectly for him. He did say that it was old. So a fix means replacing all the lines, condenser unit, and compressor. Just $2500. Walking around money really. Right? Calling tomorrow. Getting it swapped. The old beast is LOUD. I want that whisper one. You know, the one that barely makes a sound and is super efficient. That one. I could replace that fan on the old one, but that would be wasting money.

The AC is AA and it's all in against 78s. Two to that suit flop with an OESD. Just hold baby. HOLD!!!!!

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I'm from Memphis so you won't get too much sympathy from me about H-O-T weather :)

MorningThunder said...

Yeah, but we get it all. 14 inches of snow Christmas eve. We just sit around waiting for those special five days a year when it is perfect.