Friday, May 16, 2008

Tourney cashes

Played the 28K last night and finished a respectable 108 out of 1150 runners or so. Remarkable only because I had to scrounge for every chip. I got KK once, no callers. JJ twice. Folded it once to utg raiser when 10 away from bubble. Got 99 all in on coin flips and held or resucked to win each time. 66, 33, 55,44 once each. AQ beat KJ button raise and call of my all in in the bb. AJ 3 times always in early position or after the pot had been raised. I didn't even get great suited connectors. Went out with 77 vs AK and couldn't resuck to win. Will take the $40 for my 6$ outlay.

Signed up for the 5+.50 omaha hi too. Played really tight. Still learning omaha. Was 20 of 23 half way to the second break. Get some hands and work my way up to 9 of 18. Top 9 get paid. My phone rings. It's 1 am. This is never good. It's my mother in law and she needs help with my father in law. He was diagnosed with ALS a year ago and has lost a significant amount of mobility. He is a large man and she is a small woman. Had to take him to the hospital. He's fine. Just couldn't pee. I tell my sleeping wife I am leaving. Get my shoes and socks and sit down in front of the computer. My last hand I see is 7744 double suited clubs and hearts. I call and then call a rr by the sb. Flop comes Axx with 2 clubs. He bets and I push and he calls. Hey what do I care, I am leaving. I river the flush to beat his pair of Aces. I get back from the hospital over an hour later and I had blinded out in 4th place for $58 and change.

Omaha is easy.

MT

No comments: