Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oh I went down in the Mookie

Well played the Mookie for the 3rd time. Went out early. I had chipped up to around 2200. No show downs. I am in the BB with T9os. Utg raises from 40 to 100 . Next guy smooth calls around to me and I put 60 in to see what happens on the flop. And the flop happened, J87. Can you say Gin!? I bet 200 at the pot, utg folds and I think this guy, bigslicknuts, could be wrong on the blogger, raised me for about half his stack. I put him all in and he turns over JJ for top set. Turn a T. River T. Flopped straights never win. I am down to 775. I chip up to around 1000 and get moved to a new table. I fall drift down to 900 and observe the action. Early raise by guy that seemed a little loose. I decide to push in middle position with 66. Donkette right after me insta calls. Original raiser folds and my 66 goes down to a flopped A and Donkette's AQos. Now this call was for half of her stack. It was instant. I think it was a clicking error where the box value changed right as she hit it. I don't know. But insta calling an all in with AQ0s with the original raiser yet to act, seems really loose. But, what do I know. I am a newbie. Over all I am at peace with my play. I got in ahead both times and that is my goal.

Played the token frenzy. Got a token. Will use it on the 28k tonight.

Oh, and check out Donkettes blog. She is writing a series that is way worth a read.



Out

MT

No comments: