Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Guess Who's Back

Well made it back from FLA and a good time was had by all. The house we stayed at was on the beach, gulf side. It was nice waking up and going out the back door to nothing but ocean.

No poker over the week. Did play in the Math last night. Made it into the top five when my flopped middle set of 7's beat a turned straight when the last 7 fell on the river. I slow played the set because I had called a raise pre flop and put the raiser on a strong ace. Not A6c. Lucky for me I hit the quads.

Then sometime later I raised with ATos and the flop came Axx. I bet and was called. Turn paired the board and I bet out again. Got check raised nearly all in and I went into the tank. Decided to fold here and take my chances elsewhere.

Hand that put me out was to Swimmom. I raise utg with JTos 3x the bb. She calls with in sb. Flop JTX all hearts. I am last in tourney and I bet 1/3 my stack, about the pot. She pushes me all in and I call crying, knowing I am beat. She turns up 78h. I do not improve and igh. Now I am not the best poker player but I would have to think calling that big of raise in the sb with the bb yet to act, with that hand is -ev. Hmm? Newbie here, educate me.

See ya soon.

MT

No comments: