Thursday, May 22, 2008

28K Redux

Just got done finishing the 28K tonight on FT. I finished 193 of 1200 or so. This after playing it last week and finishing 108. I am feeling pretty good about my MTT game right now.

I got some good cards and made some good reads to steal a few pots. One ass hat put me on tilt and I really don't know why. I tangled with him early on when I limped on my button with AJos with 4 limpers. Flop comes JJ8 and is checked to me. I bet half the pot and the ass hat pushes all in. I call and he shows J9 utg. I win and he curses Full Tilt for the setup

Fast forward and he has built a nice stack. It folds around to the highjack, who is a shorty, and he pushes all in for 3k or so. Blinds are 400/800. AH (asshat) calls with JJ vs shorties A9os. Flop comes with an A and AH shows why he is an asshat. He starts flaming the guy in the chat. Did not really bother me much but I thought AH was a moron for thinking that pushing A9 in that spot was wrong.

Fast forward. Same table with about 220 left in tourney with 135 getting paid. Now we have had one of the chip leaders trying to run over the table. Raising and calling smallish raises at least every other hand. I get AK utg and smooth call hoping to trap ole big stack. I don't usually play AK this way, but I had been at this table a long while and had a good read on everybody. AH limps, cl limps and 2 others see the flop. Flop comes K T rag. I bet 3/4 the pot and AH moves all in. I have him covered, but barely and I call, knowing he would play a weaker K this way and slow play a monster. He flips over KJs and the board comes KTxKT for the fucking chop. Now if this hand holds up I am in the top 12 and have a great shot to run deep. Tilted me. Super titled me that it was AH. I don't mind making a bonehead play like that, but, ala Hoy, if you can't evaluate yourself that really pisses me off. He ridiculed and flamed a player for a solid move and then does something horrible like this massive over bet and doesn't even acknowledge his ineptness. Bottom line, I owned him twice.

Salt in the wound. Two hands later he picks up AA and takes out two player with AK and KQ. He now is in the top 12 with my fucking chips. I was steaming.

I get moved to a new table right after that and pick up AKd on the button. Utg raises 2.5 the bllind. Folds to me and I, in tilt tinted glasses, push all in. Ignoring that I have never seen this player. Ignoring that his utg raise screams strength. Ignoring that AK suited is just a really pretty drawing hand. He of course has AA. Ighn. I can take comfort in that the flop came AKx and I would have gone broke anyway. Still it is about being right and controlling your emotions. I did not mind the suck out. I just hated that it was AH. Oh well.

Hand Question.

I was talking in the girly chat to my cousin during the early part of the tourney. I told him I had AA. It folded to me on the button and I raised 3x the bb. BB calls and we see a flop of 89Tos. BB bets 2x bb and I raise it 3x that. He smooth calls. Turn is a nasty J. He bets big and I fold. Now my cousin asked why I just didn't smooth call the flop call and see where things went from there. I told him I wanted to see where I was, I was probably ahead and that he may fold. And that he probably put me on some sort of steal. What would you do here? Please, let me know.

RCJH

MT

3 comments:

Astin said...

"I limped on my button with AJos with 4 limpers. Flop comes JJ9 and is checked to me. I bet half the pot and the ass hat pushes all in. I call and he shows J9 utg. I win and he curses Full Tilt for the setup"

Did an A fall? Because looks like a flopped boat for him.

As for the AA hand - I almost never slowplay aces, so I like the play there. With a J-high 4-straight on the turn, you have to fold aces there.

MorningThunder said...

Sorry will change it
It was JJ8. I was ahead the whole time.

Pauly said...

Nice usage of the word asshat.