Tuesday, May 13, 2008

close, oh so close

Played the Hoy last night. Came in at 12. Not bad. Only 3 out of the cash. Put a hurt on Shaubs early when I rivered the wheel while floating with AK. I misplayed the hand and got lucky.

Went out on these two hands. First hand, I am in the bb and Wadzilla does the standard 3x raise on the button. Sb folds. I call with 33. Flop 449. I check and Wadzilla bets 2500, which I think is about the pot. Not sure though. I rerasie to 5000 and he lets his time run down and then just calls. Turn Q, check check. River A. Check Check and he turned over KQos to beat me. In the chat he told me something smelled funny about my raise. And that I almost got him. To fold. I guess, but do you really just smooth call there with K high? Is this not a fold or raise situation? I was trying to define my hand. I should have raised more. He took almost half my stack and put me near the bottom.

Next hand. Next orbit, I think. Folded to que31dawg in sb. He raises 2-3 times the bb. I shove AQos. He thinks and says he's pretty sure he's ahead of me here. Now I know I am ahead. AK or pair and he's not thinking. Lets the time bank run down and calls. Turns over AJos. Flop Jxx all clubs. I can't catch Q or a club to go with my A and igh in 12th. He said he respected my raise there. So I won that last night....respect. Rather of had the chips.

Overall I played well. Was nervous at first but got in a rhythm. Got hit by the deck pretty well too. Lots of hands that I felt good stealing with. AJ, small pairs etc. Now, I am new to the blogger games and all, but I found the play at the Hoy to be pretty good. I signed up for a $3 KO tourney after my bust out and the donkeys were running in herds there. People unable to fold AQos after an unimproved flop, etc. I crushed it for 4th place and got coolered on my last hand. I guess my point is for all the griping folks do about the play in the blogger events, the play is still way above the play I see at my stake level. So this is making me better. I just have to work on my smell.

I now owe Donkette $10. Can't get it to her. Like the poor 3rd world, non listed blogger I am, she has forgiven my debt. Full Tilt doesn't like my deposit history. Anybody know why this happens?

MT

No comments: