Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I need friends

Well this blog isn't getting off to what one might call a rip roarin start. I had been kicking around the idea of a blog for some time. I just didn't really launch it at the best time. I have been out of town on family stuff for the last five days and unable to get to a computer for any stretch of time. But don't worry, oh all zero of you who are reading this, the Thunder is back.

I plan on getting the nerve up to play in the various blogger events that are held nightly. If I could place in any of those, I could maybe get some traffic coming my way. But until then I have decided that whoever reads this first and leaves a comment asking for it, will recieve, (ready for this?), $5 via Full Tilt transfer. Soooo, don't be shy. Say high and win some money. Even if it is crappy U.S. I am really hoping this doesn't happen for a while and 50 posts from now someone decides to go to the begining and then claims it. Or if it happens today, cool, (unlikely). Win win.

On to sports.

Can there be any better time in the history of Kansas athletics to be a Jayhawk? 12-1 Orange bowl winners. NCAA champs in basketball. Unbelievable. Makes it so much better that all my K-State and Mizzo freinds have to choke on it.

And Chalmers shot at the end of regulation. I was telling my wife that we will never see a game like that again in our lifetimes. I know we will see great shots and buzzer beaters. I mean a game where it matters so much to us, and our team came out on top. It was a once in a lifetime occurance and I am glad I wasn't too drunk to enjoy it. If we could somehow get our team to pull a Florida and all stay, we could do it again. Dreaming here, but if Rush, Chalmers, and Arthur all stayed, we would have Collins and Aldrich join them to start. We have another good point gaurd and more height coming in the new recruiting class. We would have to be the prohibitive #1 for 09. Dreaming though, Arthur and Rush are gone for sure. Chalmers probably stays and KU will have a top 25 team, maybe 15. Not bad after all the players they lost.

2 comments:

Robert said...

$5 for just leaving you a comment?

You the Man!

Regarding your first post, I'd smooth call preflop if I knew for sure that the small blind was gonna raise behind me.

Congrats on your Jayhawks.

MorningThunder said...

Thanks for the comment. I'll send you the $$ if you have a FT account. But I get the feeling you stay pretty close to the real felt.

Thanks for the hand analysis, I wasn't real sure he had that good of hand and did not want to scare him. But in retro would smooth call.

Enjoy your blog. Been lurking a shile will post now