Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Best Imitation of Myself

"juggle one handed, do some magic tricks and, the best imitation of myself"-Ben Folds


That is how I feel on the poker tables recently. I don't know, maybe I'm digging myself in a hole. Just wondering. I feel like I am slightly off. Not really being myself. So much of poker is comfort zone. I am trying to be more aggresive and make myself stop limping at all into unraised pots. Working out pretty well so far. Especially at the lower limits I am playing.

Keep trying the token frenzies on Full Tilt. So far 0-4. Everybody says they are easy and they seem to be. Just keep getting in good and getting drawn out on. It amazies me how many players will reraise all in over a pot sized raise with the non nut flush draw. I get a pass with Q80s in sb and flop comes Q8J with two diamonds. I lead out pot sized to eliminate draws and get put all in for my tournament. Have to call and he turns over 7d5d. Kd on turn and ighn. Now he barely had me covered here. Why do this, it was early. Could have easily waited for a better spot. Is this some unbeknownst to me rule in the token freny? Double up early or go home. Am I playing wrong? Oh well that ole wheel will roll around again.


Still need some friends here. Robert was the first to post but made no "official" request for that sweet oh so sweet Full Tilt $$$$. Any way, I do not think Robert plays online. Head on over to his blog and check it out. Great read. Start from the beginning. Better that way.

I am gonna try and play the Mookie tonight, password vegas1 See how that goes. So hurry up, that $5 ain't gonna last for long. (yeah right)

Seriously, or I am gonna have to change my blog name to Things I told Robert About. It is a sad blog made up mostly of recipe swapping and serious discussion as to who is the funnier dead fat man, John Belushi, Chris Farley or John Candy. No one wants that.

Talk to ya soon Robert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tonight man!