Tuesday, September 7, 2010

On Fire

Went to Harrahs last Tuesday to play the daily 1 pm tourney. You have to get there three hours early just to get a seat. Ridiculous? Absolutely. It used to be a 60 man tournament. Now it is only 30. Dealer shortage. Yeah, OK.

Anyhoo, I have about a hour to kill until my brother gets there to meat me for lunch. What to do? What to do? Craps of course. I buy in for $100 to get rated and wait for the current roller to finish before placing a bet. He craps out and I put money on the pass line and $1 on the fire bet. The fire bet is a bet you make when a new roller is coming out. If he makes four points during his roll you get 40-1, five points 200-1, all six and it is 500-1.

He rolls a six. Bam!! Next roll a six. Rolls a ten. Bam!! Next roll a ten. He hits the five and eight relatively easy. Within ten minutes, my little dollar is $40. He then rolls and makes points that he does not need to complete the fire bet. Until finally a nine. Bam!!! Rolls another nine. My buck is now $200. Been playing for just twenty minutes. Now he gets stuck on nine. He sets nine as the point and hits it another two times. All the while rolling fours left and right (the only point left to hit the big bet). Finally he rolls a four. And four rolls later, another four. Bam!!!! $500. Just like that. I left for lunch up $700. First place in the tourney only paid $300 or so.

Slick was sick. He did not go that day and he loves the dice.

I bought my brother lunch.

Later at the cash games, I ran into the scariest poker player I have ever seen. He was snapping off bluffs left and right with bottom pair. He would look at them and say, you missed your draw, I call and always be right. It was creepy. I stayed out of his way. He had $1500 in front of him in a 1/2 game $200 max buy in. I flopped a couple of straights and ended up $70.

I played video poker while waiting for my seat and won $3.25.

Good day all around.

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Well, you said it was hot out there in Kansas.

MorningThunder said...

Yeah, but I have to drive to Missery to go to the boat.