Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Good things come

to those who wait.

I finally won one of these after about a bajillion tries. The best I had done to date is third a few times.

Got down to three handed with a short stack and a Lagtard that had about my stack. He busted the small stack and we played heads up for about 10 hands. I took a small chip lead when the final hand cam up. I have 89os in the small blind and limp. He checks and I flop gin!!!! T76 two clubs and a heart. I check and he checks. He must have something here because he always bets. The turn is the QH. I bet 3/4 the pot and he raises me about half his stack. Awesome. I push all in and he calls tabling Qc6C for top pair and flush draw. The river blanks and I win. Woot. Woot.

You may notice the picture in the background on my desktop. It is from a room in the Bellagio taken by Astin. Drop by his blog and see it, it is pretty cool.

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats. Are there any huge strategy differences playing a Rush S&G vs. a regular one?

MorningThunder said...

I just play a little tighter until the final table where it turns into a regular tournament. If you get some chips, you can be really aggressive on the bubble and pick up a bunch of chips.