Friday, July 25, 2008

Hand questionI

Played at my home game last night. Up $70. You really must come over and play.

I hit 3 flushes to win my money. The best being with the hammer. We put the 27 rule into effect in that if you win with that as your hole cards, you get $1 from each player. I called a raise and a call of $3.50. Loose I know, but I had position and it was soooooted. 27H. Flop comes A73 with 2 hearts. Original raiser c bets and the loose guy to my right raises to $23. I stand up, knowing I was gonna call. I have a quarter less and say "I call". The original raiser folds AQ and the raiser show AJs. I flip my cards over and tell him this is going to be sick. No suspense as the turn delivered the 9h. "Give me my dollar bitches". It was so sick. So awesome. No one had come close to winning with that hand for that amount of money. The loser kind of gave me shit for doing it. I said it was worth the gamble for the bragging rights.

The question involves the above loser and another player. I make a loose call of $3 raise with A4s with position. The flop comes A89 with 2 spades. $7 bet by ep. Loser and I call. Turn is 5 hearts. $10 bet by ep called by loser and me. I know what you are saying. The odds are out of whack for this. These were the 2 loosest guys at the table and I knew I would be paid if my hand hit. I had any flush card and any 4 to make my hand, in my mind. 2s comes on river I value bet for $10 and get paid by both. Barely. Loser almost folded. Ep had AJ and the loser had rivered two pair. No ace.

One of the guys at the table questioned me not making a stronger move with top pair and nut flush draw. How do you play this hand?

MT

No comments: