Friday, October 29, 2010

Whew!!! Found It!!!

Been a while. My computer got sick. Really sick. It kept redirecting my searches. It would not let me get on blogger. I could not get on Full Tilt or Cake. It took me four days and a friends help too realize I had smss.exe. Nasty little thing. I had to reset my computer back to factory settings. Works great now.

No online poker, but I have been playing some live poker. Played at Harrahs Tuesday. I went out in the tourney right in the middle. Older gentleman open raises. I call and we are heads up. I had about starting chips. I have QJs. Flop is J83 with one spade. He over bets the pot. I read this as he wanted to win it there with brute strength. I should have shipped it. My gut said I was ahead. The call committed me. It was half my stack. I just called. The turn was the king of spades. He pushes all in. Barely had me covered. I beat him in the pot. He turns over 9Ts. I receive the six outer when the 7h comes. Blind aggression pays off some times. I don't think he folds the flop if I push.

Played cash after that. Up and down. Up a bit on my $200 buy in. Go to the bathroom. Get a drink. Come back and two new guys are sitting to my left. I sit down and straddle in middle position. I get 99. First new guy limps. Second new guy raises to $20. We are playing 1/2. I call. First new guy calls. Flop is 975 rainbow. Bingo!!. I just check, obviously. First new guy bets $`0. Second guy pops it to $20. Me? I crap my pants. I'm getting paid. Woot woot. I decide to raise it up another $100. First guy instant calls. If you have 68, well played sir. He was short though, only had around $60. Second guy agonizes. I have him where I want him. He has an over pair. Everybody knows it. He finally folds JJ. First guy has QQ. Turn is a 7. River is a J. Dodged a bullet. Put me over $400 in my stack. I go home happy.

In the tourney, there was a guy sitting next to me that just kept on complaining. He kept forecasting doom. And it came. Was glad he left. I can handle most people at the poker tournament, but those guys just bug me.

4 comments:

Wolfshead said...

Thunder,

go grab a freebie program called Malwarebytes and use it to scan your system once weekly. If you can afford the $30 or so the version you purchase can be set to automatically catch things like ssms.exe that slip through an anti virus program. One of the greatest things since sliced bread. Was a systm admin and IT manager for 20 years and it saved me a lot of work redoing systems that sloppy people screwed up.

MorningThunder said...

Thanks for the info. I have that now. I downloaded it off a clean machine when mine got sick. It cleared out some stuff, but was too little too late by then. I believe now.

Wolfshead said...

Thunder,

good. Now, step 2. Get a cheap flash drive and install the program to it also then go in and change the name of the exe file that runs the program, I think it is mbam.exe, to something else and then put it in a safe place and hope you never need it. Might even want to give it a .com extension when you rename. Certain of these programs are set up to block MBAM in particular and sometimes .exe files in general. You keep this one handy in case one of those ever slips through.

Two other programs you should have are Hijack This and ComboFix. Just don't ever run ComboFix unless absolutely necessary as it can be tricky and can screw up your machine even worse if not done right. It can fix a lot of stuff other programs can't though.

BTW, if you need help you can always yell this way. I've got 20+ years of experience sitting on its ass these days so more than willing to help out just to keep in practice.

MorningThunder said...

Thaks man. Will do.