Thursday, November 4, 2010

Matter

My high school physics teacher always used to say matter is just stuff. I just have some stuff today.

I missed the Very Josie last night. It starts just a little too soon for me here in the central time zone. Kiddos are still getting to bed. I did make the Mookie. I bubbled. TT vs AQs of NYRambler. I can not win a race against that dude. gracie That was my 4 year old typing her name.
Anyhoo. I ended winning a 27 man $6 sit no go later for around $65. Felt better.

I went on my weekly Harrah's run. I sign up for the tourney and have an hour to kill before I meet my brother for lunch. I try to get on a 1/2 game, but all that is open is a 3/6 limit game. I take the seat and proceed to win $100 in about thirty minutes. I then get my 1/2 seat and win another $30 before lunch. Nice to win my buy in for the tourney, lunch, and another $50 to boot. Nice hour of work.

Have a good lunch with the brother. When we were getting seated, I asked the hostess if my brother had come in. I see her every week so she knows who I am. Turns out my brother is right behind us. I say there he is and throw him some homemade chex mix I brought for him. The hostess said that was a nice thing to do for my little brother. Now I am about three inches taller than him but about fifty pounds lighter. I am also eleven years younger. I told her she was mistaken. She would not believe me. I even told her about the age difference. She thought I was full of shit. My brother has been blessed with a full head of dark hair. I have been gray and getting grayer for about ten years. I also am a losing some hair up front. I can see how she made the mistake. But if you look closely at us, his face shows the real story.

I played the tournament. Starting stacks T2000. Took some hits early and was down to T850. I look down at 33 and limp. Five of us see the flop. J53 rainbow. The big stack utg pushes all in. Now, he had been doing this a lot. Every time he did it he showed top pair. He even did it with the nuts. He never slow played that. No matter I am getting it in with my set here every time, obviously. It was just cool to know right away. I knew he had AJ. He was the epitome of playing your own cards. Down right disbelief and anguish registered on his face when he saw my cards. It never occurred to him that he was behind. I doubled up and had my original stack back. I chipped up along the way and had about T4400. I knocked out a shorty and had about 5k. I lost a bit and needed a hand because blinds just went up to 400/800. Let the push fest begin. I get KK utg. Whew!!! I push and the same guy, who is still the chip leader says "I have to call". He has AJs. I flip over my hand and he again cant believe he is behind. Ace on the flop and IGH. I hold here and I am one of the chip leaders. That guy amazed me. I stole from him some. He always bet his hand if he hit. He never got sneaky. I would have really beat him up with a stack. Oh well.

The cash game afterward was great. I lost half my buy in early. I had two 2/5 players on my left just splashing away at the pot. I play super tight. I finally get KK in ep and rerasie it $15 to the utg player who made it $5. Four of us see the flop of KJT rainbow. I should have bet out, but I shut down. I was convinced utg had AQ. It checked around. The turn brought the ugly Q. Utg ends up having AT. I played it ok. I don't know. I guess I should have bet out the flop and see where I am. I think I was just intimidated by the guys to my right. Weak I know.

I get KK again and bet it the same. Same four callers. Flop comes eight high and I push. I win. One of the 2/5 guys leaves and I move one seat over from the one seat to the two seat.. I hit AA three times and get paid. One time by a LAG that called off $170 with I do not know what. He raised pre flop $10. Three call and I pop it to $50. He calls and it is heads up. Flop is 9 high with two spades. I bet 3/4 the pot. He flats. The turn is the 4 of diamonds. He agonized over the turn when I pushed all in. He finally calls off $100 with I do not know what. The nasty four of spades comes out and I am sure I am crushed. I flip over my AA and he folds and leaves. Yay me.

I limp utg with QQ. Three callers around to lp. One guy raises to $20. The button moves all in for $60. I move all in. The button asked for the exact flop he had earlier when his 22 flopped a set. The dealer obliged. He flipped his cards over while telling the dealer thank you. I casually turned mine over and the button calls me a butt hole. The door card was a Q. Q24. Turned quads. If the river came 2 we win a bad beat. Close as I had ever come. The other guy had JJ.

I hit KK three times. Fun seat. I end up #340. $470 or so for the day.

I will be in Vegas for a family thing December 6-11th. Nice coincidence heh? I will try to make it over to the IP or wherever everybody is. I really wanted to play the tourney.

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

"I have to call". He has AJs.

I have to call -- Sweet music. Too bad he hit his ace.

Good job at the cash tables.