Friday, October 8, 2010

Some things

Went to Harrahs Tuesday. Not much to say played for three hours at a 1/2 table. Left up $70. I'll take that win rate. I wish I could have stayed. I was sitting at one of the weakest tables I have ever seen at Harrahs. When I got there I took the seven seat between two guys that seemed to be having a good time. Lively conversation and all. I talked a little with them and they were nice guys. Their ideas on poker were fun too. The guy to my right told us that he rarely folds a suited ace to a raise. Great! Then they both agreed that they preferred KJ to AJ. I almost blurted out "donkey hand", but stopped myself. The drunk lady in seat 4 was spewing chips. The rest of the table was all ABC. It is probably the first time ever that I have sat at a table and felt like I was the best player there. I had played for an hour and had not raised a thing. I look down in the big blind and find QQ. Raise it up to $15 with three limpers. Fold, button calls and the small blind calls. Flop is ace jack junk. I c-bet and get called at both spots. The turn is another blank. OK. I am done. I slow down and check. The button instant shoves all in. The small blind (I play any suited ace dude) beats him into the pot. The button has A4os. The small blind has JhTh. The river is the jack and the small blind wins. That is the table I was at. No awareness of what is going on with calling the first raise. They were playing their cards and it did not occur to them that it was the first time I had raised since I sat down. And the small blind getting himself all in on that board. I don't know how he could think he was good there but he did.

Fun stuff

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

It's amazing how players will sit there and tell you how they play.