Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Home Game

Played at the usual Tuesday night home game. Started out great. JJ on my second hand. I raise and Slick calls dark from the big blind. He says I should bet in the dark on the flop, so I do and put in $3. Flop comes A57os and he flats. The turn brings another 7. Slick thinks and counts out $6 and bets. I think he is making a move with nothing. I am pretty sure he has no ace or seven. I announce raise and put in $15 total. He agonizes and finally folds. He asked what I had and I told him. He said I was sick. Not really, just representing an ace.

Couple hands later get QQ. Tight tight player utg raises it up. Slick calls and I think about re-raising here but tight guy, Justin, started the action and he easily could have me dominated. Flop comes J52os and Justin bets 2/3 the pots. Slick calls. I call. The turn is a beautiful queen. Nuts is nice. Justin now bets out a little over half the pot. Slick thinks and thinks and thinks. He looks like he is about to at least call when he remembers I am in the hand. He looks at me for a while and folds. I push, only had $20 behind. Justin mucks. Said he had AJ. Nice pot and I am up $30.

Card dead. For 3 hours. Just limping with anything remotely connected. Hitting nothing. Any time I had marginal playing hands, it was in bad position with raises before me. No fun. Had beer though so it was ok.

I make really poor calls hoping to catch and I have lost all my money save half of the $40 I bought in with. Loose guy at the end of the table raises it to $2, blinds .25/.50. I call with the monster that J9c looked like. I was in the cut off. The flop comes QT5 with two clubs. Loose guy bets out $2 and I push for my last $16 or so. He calls and I flip over my flush and oesd. The lovely 4c comes on the river and I have doubled up.

I chip up a little to about $50. I am dealt 77. Loose guy raise $2.50. One other player limps and I call. Flop comes Q9 and a beautiful 7. Loose guy bets 3/4 pot, limper raises and I think oh crap I am behind but what are you going to do? I go broke here. I raise all in and get called in both spots. I turn over my cards and they both groan, right on. I hold up. Loose guy never shows. The other guy was trying to get sneaky with pocket kings. I am over $150 now.

I start playing now. I get into another hand with loose guy. I have 97s flop comes J37 with two spades. I call him down the whole way with $15 bets and a $20 bet on the river when my flush filled. He tables AJ for TPTK. No good and I am over $200. He makes those bets with air so there was a good chance that my 7 was good.

I win some other pots along the way and I was up over $320. I end up cashing out at $280 for the night. Not bad on a $39 investment. Was my best home game win yet.