Sunday, July 12, 2009

Turkey Sandwich.

It has occurred to me that I am not living up to my blog description. Soooo.... here is a turkey sandwich that me and the wife like.

Turkey (deli style)
Pesto (mine was home made but any will do)
Avocado (sliced)
Swiss cheese
Toasted Bread or roll or whatever.

Toast bread, spread healthy amount of pesto on it lay down avocado, turkey and cheese.
Cut and enjoy

I had a Fuji apple with mine.

Pesto

40 basil leaves, fresh. I grow my own.
1/3 cup toasted pine nuts. or walnuts
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
3 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper to taste

Toast pine nuts until browned.
Pulse together nuts and basil in food processor just until chopped
Add garlic and pulse until garlic is finely chopped
Continuously add oil and pulse until blended.
Add Parmesan cheese until blended
Add Salt and pepper to taste

I like the pesto a lot. It adds a kick to sandwiches, pasta or pizza.

More food in 6 months.

No comments: