Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Slow spiral

Still playing poker.

I tend to struggle with the patience aspect of the game vs the aggressive aspect of the game. If I am patient, it feels much too much like I am being a wimp. If I am overly aggressive, my bankroll evaporates. It is hard to find the middle ground. Recently, I have been way too impatient.

So, I decided to play one of those $3 KO tourneys and play uber tight. Folded, folded and more folding. Even folded small blinds with 4 limper's and the right odds to call. I was making diamonds baby. Finally limp on the button with A7cc after 3 limper's before me. Flop comes Qc9c3d. Checked around to me and I move all in for slightly over the pot. Folds around to big stack who thinks and calls me with A7 os. Free roll baby. Club turns and rivers and I more than double up. Guy gave away 1/15th of his stack for .50 bounty.

Folding and we are folding. 6 handed. I get A9 os in co. Folded to me and I push. I am nearly last in chips and need to make a move. 5k chips and the blinds were 300/600. Button wakes up with AK and igh in 22nd place.

Poor results? Yes. Happy with my play. Absolutely. I got AJ once utg early on. NO pocket pairs. Zero. No AK or AQ. I know how to do this. I have a few MTT scores in 4 figures. I just have to be patient. No wait aggressive. Frick. I don't know. I am scared. Damn it, there goes my courage. Double frick.

I love this game.

RCJH

MT

No comments: