Friday, May 8, 2009

Doom switch hath been flipped

I don't know what the hell is going on, but I cannot win races in live and virtual poker alike. I have read about this happening to people via various blogs, but I have never had the first hand experience of being violated repeatedly on the felt. I play mostly tournaments. If I have AJ vs 66 late in a sit n go, the 6's hold. Reverse it, and the Ace falls. AK vs AJ, three outer falls on river. Call a smallish raise with 44, set mining. Flop comes J55. Guy fires out continuation bet. I know he missed and I push for most of his stack. He thinks and finally calls. He has AQ and the board counterfeits my pair. On top of that I am getting way below my fair share of premium hands. I can go on and on. It is nothing new for most of you. It's a big problem for me.

Confidence. Mine is shot. I just know I am going to lose. It would make me feel a hell of a lot better if I had ever been on an equally good run. How do you power through this? Do you just stop playing for a while and hope the Gods direct their wrath elsewhere? Do you just play through it. Most of these losses are at that critical point in a tournament where if your hand holds, you cruise to the money. It's just breaking my balls.

OK. Whining is over.

MT

No comments: