Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mookie again

Final tabled the Mookie last night. Carmen won the thing. Congrats. I finished 6 and ITM for the second week. Oh what might have been. I think I should be co champ with her. Seeing as how I gave her nearly all of my chips. Yeah, I am officially considering myself the co champ. Half a title is better than none.

I finally got grade A cards in this thing. I had final tabled 3 times before but had to fight and scrimp to do it. Not this night. I got AA and KK in the blinds when ALWAYS overly aggressive players in late position where pushing. And they held up. I went from 43 of 43 to 1 or 2 when the final table started. Now I gotta give Carmen credit. She was on my left and EVERY time it folded to here in the SB or the button, she raised. I played back a few times and won. I smooth called with AQh in the BB and hoped for a good flop. Flop came 89K with two hearts. She bet out and I pushed. I had a two to one chip lead on her. She had KT. Turn a T to give me a gutter. River was a blank. I went from first to 3rd. I took a shot at being a huge chip leader and lost. She continued to punish me and I took a stand with K3 while in last place. She of course had AJ and Ighn. I like my push here. She had been really aggressive in these heads up situations, I thought I easily could have been ahead after the flop. The nut flush draw made it a no brainer in my opinion. And I only fell to 3rd, still way in the thing. What would you do?

But the worst beat of the night came in the push fest. There were 7 or so of us in the thing. All but emtyman were on the same starting table. Pushes around 1st hand. I have 99 and it holds up. I have nearly 10 grand. Emptyman gets moved to my table. Second hand, I had K high, he had J high. Of course he wins. I can;t do the same next and go out. Do you think FTP is on to the push fest. We were all on the same table, save one. Then the only 2 players left get moved to the same table. Just another example of how rigged online poker is. Hehe

No comments: