Wednesday, April 15, 2009

KC Run bad,. Kids run goot and LOST anticipation.

Went up to Harrahs yesterday to play the $30 tourney. I finished 13th out of 60 when my AQ ran into the mighty KQ and got runner runnered for the flush.

Played 1-2 nl then and got hammered by a 7 outer on the river, a 5 outer on the river, and the icing on the cake, a 2 outer on the river. I can deal with it. Nothing unusual about any of those. I just needed one of those to hold to turn a smallish loss into a decent day. I was betting while ahead and shut down when I knew to be behind. The last one I called totally on tilt just so I could pull the oh so effective ridicule as you leave ploy. I just can not seem to dodge top pair top bad kicker and or non nut flush drawing fools. They always seem to get me no matter how priced out of a pot they are.

While waiting for a table, I put $5 in a slot machine and got three 7's on the 3rd spin. Knew that had to be pretty good. $50 good. Helped to sooth the poker injustice that follows me around like a cloud whilst at Harrahs.

Yesterday morning I was getting Thunder Son ready for school. He looks at me and says while sniffing, "What is that smell? It smells, it smells like toots." I leaned forward and blew in his face and asked him if it was my breath. He screamed yes and ran away from me. Up the stairs I go to give my the one two punch of Mentadent and Listerine. What can I say my Wife loves tossed salad. Or, I have a cold, you decide.

Looking forward to Lost tonight. I hope they focus some more on Miles and his Haley Joel abilities. I would love to see a flash back episode centered around his time on the island. I have to believe he has seen some shit he just keeps to himself. Do you think he will be the vehicle to bringing back characters...say like Charlie, Mr Eko, buried alive couple etc...? But wait you say, wouldn't he have said something already about some of the stuff he has seen. No way. First he is in it for himself. That is who he is. Second, they wouldn't believe him anyway so why try. I hope we get his perspective soon. Judging by the preview, it may be tonight.

MT

No comments: